Bringing restorative practices to daily life for healing through painting, photography, writing, yoga and community.
Budding
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Spring is sprouting.
People and plants are busy dusting off and opening up. Hopefully, there is always time to take care of yourself. I keep telling that to myself so maybe I will actually do it.
Unfortunately this event was canceled due to the poor weather. We will reschedule when the weather is better! Thanks for your interest. In the meantime, please recognize Heart month by registering as a member at www.splitthebaby.com . Register by Valentine's Day and you will be in the raffle for a free "valentine" :) Thank you! The STB(Split The Baby) Project and the Congenital Heart Network invite you to enjoy a night of laughs at Helium Comedy Club (Philadelphia) on February 11 at 7:30 PM. Proceeds from this event will help support C.H.I.N., and the Split the BabyProject (Foundation - 501(c)3 pending), the work of fellow CHIN member MaryEllen Mannix. The project aims to bring pediatric disease specificorganizations together to collaborate, learn, and share information aboutpatient safety and best practices for sick children. We hope you will join us for a fun night night out! Tickets are $15.00/each. Visit here to order your tickets (your receipt will serve as your tick...
Take a minute to read the articles linked to below then please share your thoughts: Is this a question of the conflict of the separation of church and state? What is the child died after they sought medical care as well? If a child dies in a parents arms who has not sought medical treatment, the parent is criminally liable and it is acceptable to put them in jail. In contrast: If a child dies in a medical setting from preventable errors after the parents have sought medical care of a trained health care provider, it is not acceptable to for the provider to be held criminally liable and serve jail time. What is the disconnect in public sentiment on what to do when an adults chosen course of treatment causes irrevocable harm to a child at the mercy of the adults surrounding him/her? How can this disconnect be repaired, or improved? These are not easy questions to consider; but consider them we must because people are "doing time" for what others have defined as "not doin...
In my earnest efforts to improve the lives, illnesses, and deaths of anyone in the health care system I have had to share a rather personal story. All I have of my son is his memory. Yes, I am among the lucky bereaved parents that have surviving children. For each of them, there are memories about their births, illnesses and lives that will remain private. It is for our family to treasure. When my son died as a result of multiple preventable medical errors, negligence and sentinel events, I searched to hold onto everything that had his name or "print" on it. He never came home. So, all I had was whatever the hospital kept. Of course, I asked for his records. Why wouldn't I? That began a legal odyssey that wasn't intended at the outset. His memory became a legal argument . It became public information. Ironically, in buying back the right to speak about his life and death by refusing a $750,000 settlement with a gag order, I unwittingly gave James over to the...
Comments
Post a Comment